After a slow wake-up to another rain-soaked Oregon morning, what do I find in my in-box but a tweet from Ms B letting me know that she had added my name to the list of nominees for the Kreativ Blogger Award.
Belinda is one of the most gracious and appreciative of bloggers in the 'sphere and I am honored to be included in her short list of favorite bloggers. I should note that she also nominated me for a Shorty Award this week.
I am awash with nominations and flooded with gratitude!
In keeping with tradition, I am now charged with naming six candidates for the same honor. They are:
Kesha Bruce who combines the experience of being an artist with the experience of appreciating the arts, and presents both with spirit and joy.
Celeste Bergin for her devotion and talent and for her generous sharing of her love of the visual arts.
Even though 3Chics Politico is written and curated by three women: Ametia, Rikyrah, and SouthernGirl2, I must nominate this as one of the most engaging blogs I've found. Devoted to politics and culture, these three shine a light on contemporary life with humor and spirit.
Pamela Rice is next on my list for her no-nonsense approach to living life consciously. A Certified Life Coach, avid gardener, and expert at subsistence living — should it be necessary — I relish her presence and ongoing support.
Finally, it may not be kosher, but I must nominate my nominator: Belinda Witzenhausen, who makes every day a new opportunity to share her appreciation for the written word, and for those who write. Since you've already done your list, Belinda, I do believe that you've fulfilled your duties. (And, just so you know: I was planning to nominate Melissa Foster, too, but you beat me to it.)
Thanks, Belinda. You Truly Are A Star
And now,10 Things That Readers Might Not Know About Me(also traditional):
1. I'm writing a memoir, when I remember.
2. I practice thoughts of gratitude when I wake up, because what I have is pretty darn good and looks mighty good to the majority of people on the planet.
3. I enjoy Native American Spirit cigarettes. Two on a good day. Three when I'm stressed.
4. I was first-chair drummer in middle school, but gave it up due to peer pressure. Major life-lesson, learned.
5. I used to create romantic graphic novels when I was a kid — before there was such a thing. Wish I still had them. I could do kissing really well.
6. My sense of humor gets me out of the trouble I create with my big mouth.
7. My favorite thing is to stroll my garden in the summer and nibble and sniff: raspberries, lavender, kale, parsley, tomatoes, rosemary, strawberries, apples, and cat-mint. (Yup, still winter ... .)